Interactive Art Director
||Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection
- Los Angeles, California
||Web Design, Art Direction, Interaction Design
Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection is an award winning and world leader in river cruising.
The Interactive Art Director will work with the Creative Director, Online Media Manager, and web developer to design and produce various digital and online marketing collaterals, including email blasts, web banners, web landing pages, Flash and multimedia collaterals, microsites, mobile applications, and other projects. The Interactive Art Director will also participate in initial planning of projects, meeting with various executives to discuss and present ideas for concepts, strategies and organization to meet projects goals. Strong candidate will exhibit the ability to research and analyze competitive landscape, emerging technologies, and developing trends to communicate Uniworld's position as an industry leader.
Duties and Responsibilities :
• Maintain consistent brand communication throughout family of digital and online marketing projects.
• Maintain and update Uniworld's websites and landing pages to ensure contents and images are up-to-date.
• Collaborate with Online Media Manager to design and implement email marketing and banner advertising campaigns
• Develops creative solutions for driving customer engagement with brand through social media, email, mobile application, MMS, and SMS
• Take projects from concept to finish with minimal supervision, and to meet project deadline as specified by management
• Designs marketing materials and other corporate communications, including rich interactive experiences for the web and other media and custom content
• Take responsibility for quality control of final creative-related deliverables to ensure they meet the objectives of the assignment
• Must keep up-to-date with current design trends, software, and technology
• Collaborate with print design team to develop and maintain consistent branding
• Meet with company stakeholders, developers and executives discuss, plan, and present project concepts and progress.
• Other duties as required and assigned.
• At least 8+ solid years in a graphic designer role working in a corporate environment required.
• Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Communication Arts or related field required.
• Strong understanding of web design and development required.
• Strong understanding of user-interface and user-experience principles required.
• Experience using Photoshop/InDesign/Illustrator required.
• Experience optimizing web content for multiple browsers (IE 8, IE 9, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) (Required)
• Experience with Email Marketing Platforms required.
• Strong understand of social media, print design and mobile application design preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of MAC and PC systems and hardware capabilities
• Exceptional Online portfolio showcasing innovative design and creative problem solving, including several successfully launched projects required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills requried.
• Strong ability to communicate ideas and concepts in both individual interactions as well as medium size presentation settings. Strong ability to organize, develope and write project scopes and analysis reports. Discuss and critique design ideas within group settings
• Vision correctable to 20/20 with reasonable accommodation required. Ability to look at computer monitor for long periods of time with reasonable accomodation.
• Able to lift 20 lbs with reasonable accommodation preferred. Able to sit for long periods of time, and use a computer monitor for long periods of time with reasonable accommodation.
• Highly motivated team member with a proven track record of performing in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Must have a strong creative vision. Must be able to take direction but also work independently in a deadline-driven environment. Must be pro-active, a self-starter with strong project management abilities and able to multitask. Ability to produce accurate creative assignments that are engaging, grammatically correct, and appropriately prepared ensuring Uniworld's quality standard before submission for proofreading process. Ability to create designs, concepts, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts. Ability to understand and work within specific brand guidelines.
• A strong work ethic and ability to manage your own time and take initiative. Must have an upbeat, positive, can-do attitude. Excellent attention-to-detail. Experience in the travel or hospitality industry a major plus. Candidate must have solid understanding of best practices, design methods, and production technology to ensure best customer experience and the success of each project.
How to Apply
Apply via website: Apply Through Our Web Site
If interested, please apply on our website at: