Copywriter (aka “Resident Storyteller”)
- New York, New York
||Copywriting & Editing
We’re a company called Quirky. We are assembling the highest performing team, maybe ever, with a single, yet ambitious vision:
TO MAKE INVENTION ACCESSIBLE
We’ve created a completely unique platform in which the realities and complexities of execution do not stand in the way of a kickass idea. We are an entirely new type of company that involves all people interested in its decisions, and ultimately shares its success with those people who helped achieve it.
We are a brand built around the excitement, creativity, and the reality of bringing great ideas to life. And we’re looking for an amazing and passionate Copywriter (aka "Resident Storyteller") to join our team in NYC.
You constantly let your imagination run wild. Your writing and communication style is smart, funny, snappy, imaginative, pithy and irreverent. You can think on your feet and write quick, witty words. You refuse to crack under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. You admire lifestyle entertainment brands and are a pop culture junkie. You want to put your mark on Quirky’s products and watch the packages fly off the shelves. If you like what you’ve read so far, then please read on because this role may be perfect for you.
• Serve as internal and external “storyteller” focused on capturing and curating Quirky’s brand voice and telling the Quirky story across multiple brand, inventor and consumer touch points
• Collaborate closely with Chief Strategist/CMO as well as Brand, Community, PR, Digital/Social Media, Creative, People & Culture, agency and freelance teams to ensure consistency of brand voice and messaging across the organization
• Report directly to Director of Brand Strategy, Whitny Sobala
• Write and edit copy for Quirky’s products (descriptions, inventor stories, potential names, packaging, etc.)
• Write and edit topically relevant long-form and short-form copy for Quirky’s website, blog posts, weekly email blasts, email alerts, PR pieces, marketing materials, point of sale material, and more
• Work closely with Community team to ensure consistent Quirky brand voice across all social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Pintrest, Tumbler, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn and more.
• You have 6+ years experience writing copy
• You have a degree in English, Communications, Marketing, Advertising or related field or you have a really great dropout story
• You have an entertainment TV copywriting background (or have a proven track record at a well known creative agency)
• You have written copy of consumer goods and/or lifestyle brands before
• You demonstrate strong editorial judgment and writing ability
• You have the ability to write compelling, accurate, catchy, on brand (smart/funny + mass appeal) and grammatically correct content at a prompt pace
• You have a clever, witty, concise and attention-grabbing writing style
• You are skilled at writing with a consistent voice across multiple channels, while being able to tailor the message and tone given the audience
• You have a good grasp on popular culture and media and have the ability write topically relevant and timely commentary
• You have an appetite for products, brands and design
• You have proven success in a high growth, rapidly changing environment
• You have an unrelenting intellectual curiosity and take pride in doing awesome work
• You are a born leader and have a true entrepreneurial spirit
• You have a passion for what we are doing at Quirky
Check us out at www.quirky.com. Spend some time on our site understanding what we do. If you like what you see, please continue.
Submit your resume with a customized cover letter addressed to me, Suzannah Kerr, telling me why you want this job and why we should pick you.
In order to be considered, you must either attach a PDF of your portfolio to your application or link us to your portfolio website in the section where we ask for your "Website, Blog, or Portfolio."
How to Apply
Apply via website: Apply Through Our Web Site