User Experience Interaction Designer
- Mountain View, California
||User Experience, Interaction Design, Web Design
The Symantec Trust Services User Experience team is seeking a passionate, creative and analytical Interaction Designer to define the best user experience for our current and next generation products. In this role, you are a key member of the User Experience team and will participate in the analysis, design, implementation and usability verification testing of our rich and cutting-edge web-based applications. You will use your experience in user-centered design and user experience to create innovative, best-in-class solutions that will drive our next generation of products.
• Drive user-centered designs; translate user and business needs and technical capabilities into dynamic and innovative products that provide the best possible user experience.
• Develop workflows, user task analysis, personas, interaction flows, wireframes, low fidelity mock-ups, navigational flows, and high fidelity prototypes.
• Design visually rich, user-friendly interfaces that scale across multiple product lines and applications.
• Participate in user research and usability testing to help improve the product through every stage of the product life-cycle.
• Review and analyze user research and usability reports, for use in determining best UI design solutions.
• Apply the best design aesthetics under tight deadlines, while effectively managing trade-offs between business needs and customer benefit.
• Present designs to cross-functional teams and negotiate trade-offs.
• Manage all aspect of projects, including scheduling, ensuring milestones are met, tracking UI/Usability issues, and making design recommendations.
• Contribute to the design standards and promoting user-centered design throughout the organization. Develop guidelines, standards, user-centered design processes and ensure that they are fully integrated into the user-centered product development life-cycle.
• BA/BS in Human Computer Interaction, Usability, Human Factors, Industrial Design, Psychology, Computer Science or related field.
• 4+ years of experience working in interaction design, UI design, and/or usability.
• Articulate design concepts and prototypes, with the ability to define your "vision" for the project in a variety of ways - written, visually and verbally.
• Experience designing dynamic interfaces that allow users to easily manage large and complex amounts of data.
• A mastery of web standards, user-centered design principles, knowledge of the software development process.
• Strong project management skills.
• Strong skills in mediating and resolving competing requirements and designs.
• Expert proficiency with design and prototyping tools: specifically, VISIO, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Axure.
• Prior experience producing designs that scale across multiple platforms.
• Thorough understanding of the limitations and appropriate uses of web 2.0 technologies.
• Outstanding presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
How to Apply
Apply via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Candidates who are not US citizens or permanent residents need to have authorization to work in the US in order to apply.
Please provide portfolio as PDF, Word doc or link to online portfolio.