Producer/Associate Video Producer
||KPWR Power 106 FM
- Los Angeles, California
||Awesomeness, Graphic Design, Motion Graphics
KPWR-Power 106 FM, the leading Hip-Hop brand, located in Los Angeles, CA, is currently seeking an energetic, highly confident, highly organized, innovative, hard working, and self-motivated individual to join the interactive department as a full time Producer/Associate Video
Produer to create video content and oversee video production for Power106.com.
Power 106’s video content is an exciting departure from traditional banner ads towards "social advertising and messaging" that engages consumers, inspires sharing, and produces viral lift, or "earned media".
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Oversee, produce, direct and create video content.
• Write and edit show scripts and show notes as required.
• Create new videos and/or segments that appeal to active adults 16-34.
• Manage and schedule talent.
• Film and edit celebrity guests when visiting Power 106 and post immediately.
• Red Carpet coverage of movie premieres, awards’ shows and entertainment events in Los Angeles.
• Work with sales staff to create and execute advertising/sponsorship opportunities within shows and video content.
• Post videos on Power106.com and YouTube quickly with proper naming, description and tagging.
Candidates must possess the following qualifications and skills:
• High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in producing TV or Web Video content and preferably web video/YouTube content for entertainment purposes.
• High level of creativity with ability to lead and manage projects.
• Strong communication and organizational skills.
• Strong work ethic.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet multiple tight deadlines.
• Familiar and confident with camera operation, sound, lighting and video editing.
• Proficient knowledge in Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Cinema 4-D a plus!
• Understanding of resolution dimensions and aspect ratio analysis.
• A competitive drive -- you enjoy winning and really go for it.
• The ability to understand what video content requires minimal effort and rapid posting and what content requires a more professional look and feel.
• Proven ability to create compelling, shareable web video.
• Ability to tell a story.
• Ability to work in small teams as well as go off on your own.
• A positive, curious, playful disposition with a great sense of humor. We embrace creative souls (no haters). Comedic background a plus.
• The ability to create episodic content that appeals to men 16-34 years of age.
• Knowledge with filming on a DSLR (including sound for interviews).
• Flexibility in work hours/schedule.
• Valid driver’s license and state mandated automobile insurance required.
Check us out online at www.power106.com
If you are a qualified candidate and interested in this position, we encourage you to apply.
The preferred method to apply is to submit a cover letter, resume, application, and links to your video portfolio/reel online at www.power106.com or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All inquires and applications will be held in strict confidence.
If applying online is not possible, please mail your resume and examples of your work to:
KPWR Power 106 FM
2600 W. Olive Ave
Burbank, CA 91505
Attention: Job Posting Video Producer
No phone calls please!
Emmis Communications (NASDAQ: EMMS) is a diversified media corporation with award-winning radio broadcasting and magazine publishing operations in markets across the country. Emmis is as well-known for its creative culture, as it is for its operations. Our people are aggressive, knowledgeable and deeply committed to each of the communities in which we operate. Because employees are the key to our success, Emmis offers strong benefits and incentives, including health, dental and life insurance, and a 401(k) contribution plan. For more information about Emmis, see our website at www.emmis.com.
EMMIS COMMUNICATIONS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How to Apply
Apply via email to: email@example.com