Senior Designer UXD
- Redwood Shores, California
||Design Management, Creative Direction, Interaction Design
Sr. User Experience Designer, EA Digital Platform - Commerce & Identity
If you are you passionate about understanding user behavior, data and using that to create distinct customer experiences, and have big, disruptive ideas for how to conceive, create and deliver online commerce experiences integrated within gameplay environment for millions of customers worldwide, we have the role for you.
Join EA's digital commerce platform team and help us create innovative online commerce experiences for millions of game players across multiple platforms for the EA’s games. As a user experience designer for EA’s commerce platform initiatives, you will be responsible for driving design deliverables such as user interface designs, interaction models, and prototypes for new and innovative buying experiences across EA's online, social, mobile, and console games.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Design simple, usable, and desirable user experiences that provide a delightful user experience
• Authors the vision and directs creative development specific to the platform.
• Create gamer-centered designs by considering gameplay experiences, market analysis, customer feedback, marketing metrics, and usability findings. Creates and improves metrics.
• Align interactive and design initiatives with business vision, strategy and deployment
• Use business requirements and market research to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements for commerce platform
• Works across disciplines to validate and execute design. Partners with senior stakeholders on the team to set design priorities and find balanced solutions to complex user, business and technical challenges.
• Identifies and makes decisions on design choices and changes for feature(s).
• Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of commerce related user experiences
• Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, click-throughs, and prototypes
• Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns
• Tunes and polishes area of responsibility to highest quality level and understands and plans for impacts to other areas / features
• Present design work to the user experience team, product team, games teams and executives for review and feedback;
• Become the resident expert on best practice web and interaction design Act as a user experience evangelist within diversely skilled project teams and champions knowledge within the platform
• At least 5-7 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
• An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions is a requirement for application
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
• Ability to work gracefully and have a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment with multiple stakeholders and / or conflicting needs
• Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently
• Proven follow-through and ability to meet deadlines while juggling many projects and priorities
• Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
• Excellent documentation skills. Candidates must provide writing samples; preferably design documentation/GUI specification.
• Strong analytic abilities. This position requires the ability to evaluate complex technical, business and user requirements and create practical solutions.
• Familiarity with the technical considerations needed when designing for the web
• Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
• Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Visio, and Dreamweaver.
• Passion for gaming and / or online commerce
How to Apply
Apply via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply via website: Apply Through Our Web Site
*Candidates who are not US citizens or permanent residents need to have authorization to work in the US in order to apply.
Resume and folio with wireframes are welcomed.